MAIN ATTRIBUTES OF THE SUPPLY CHAIN OF THE FUTURE
While supply chains today have become more global and interconnected, also they have a higher sensitivity and crashes. The factors that cause these mishaps can be caused by various reasons such as:
– CHANGES IN EXCHANGE RATES.
– Fluctuations in oil prices. – ECONOMIC CRISIS.
– NATURAL DISASTERS.
The growing market volatility forcing organizations to deal with the uncertainty and shape more effective. And the facts prove that is being achieved. Although, with increasing speed and and science, also supply chains have become more complex, costly and vulnerable. Even a small mistake or miscalculation can trigger important consequences, as its effects extend along networks of these complex supply chains in no time.
This scenario causes pressure on decision-making increased, particularly in finding that the application of conventional strategies or support the traditional design of the supply chain is no longer sufficient to achieve its objectives.
The supply chain of the future is intelligent and breaks with the previous model for its emphasis on three attributes:
1. IS DRIVEN BY DEMAND. 2. IS BASED ON DATA.
3. COMMITTED TO INTEGRATION.
Many people place their bets trying to guess what the supply chain here in the medium term. E science and transparency are qualities that most coincides although all predictions, highlights the IBM makes in a recent study which predicts that the supply chain of the future:
– It will be marked by the INTERNET OF THINGS: technical innovations, such as RFID tags, sensors, GPS, ERP and others join forces with companies, their customers and suppliers to give them the power of information. The inventory speak of himself, the containers will detect their contents and even pallets inform if the point they are intended is not correct. The data come from everywhere and addressed to any user (authorized) access to them.
– It will be interconnected than ever: all supply chain members are connected together and to the processes and systems products. The extensive connectivity will enable international networks of supply chain planning car and make decisions together, multiplying the bene ts of each action.
– It will INTELLIGENT: advanced analytical tools and data modeling will be evaluated alternatives against an incredibly complex and dynamic set of risks and constraints, to choose the optimum. This capability will also enhance and science of response and limit the need for human intervention.
VISIBILITY IS ONE OF THE KEY ELEMENTS OF THIS NEW CONFIGURATION SUPPLY CHAIN. VISIBILITY ON PROCESSES AND OPERATIONS ARRIVES HAND OF DATA OBTAINED IN REAL TIME AND FROM OBJECTS, NOT ONLY PEOPLE TO INCREASE FLEXIBILITY NETWORK, IMPROVE YOUR CONNECTIVITY AND ALLOW TO OPTIMIZE THE FOLLOW-UP ACTIONS TO ACHIEVE MINIMIZE RISK AND SEIZE OPPORTUNITIES PRESENTED IN THE FORM OF:
– Change in route design.
– Alteration of shipping methods.
– Knowledge of weather conditions.
– Understanding the financial markets and economic indicators