EFFICIENCY, SPEED AND CUSTOMIZING = SUPPLY CHAIN OF THE FUTURE
According to a survey by PwC, the supply chain is seen as a strategic location for 45% of study participants, who believe that maximize its flexibility and adapt its tings with the new canons asset is imperative
In view of the responses, PWC draws 6 major findings of this survey:
1. COMPANIES RECOGNIZE THE SUPPLY CHAIN AS A STRATEGIC ASSET ACHIEVE ACHIEVE HIGHER PERFORMANCE DIMENSIONS TO 70% TO NOT share this vision.
2. LEADERS FOCUS ON DELIVERY, COST AND FLEXIBILITY TO MEET INCREASINGLY DEMANDING CUSTOMER NEEDS.
3. CONSISTENCY IS down and has been replaced by TAILOR.
We need to adapt supply chains NEEDS different customer segments.
4. THE TREND IS OUTSOURCE PRODUCTION AND DELIVERY, BUT KEEPING CONTROL THE GLOBAL STRATEGIC CORE FUNCTIONS
5. INVESTMENT LEADERS IN EMERGING MARKETS AND MATURE FOCUS
In differentiating CAPABILITIES SUPPLY CHAIN.
6. INCREASING THE INTEREST IS NEW TECHNOLOGIES TO JOINTLY WITH THE SEARCH OF SUSTAINABILITY.
These concussions reflects the direction in which target those responsible for supply chains present but to continue to be leaders in the future require solutions that enable them to implement their ideas and generate real value.
For Capgemini, the solutions meet existing challenges but also those planned for the next decade, dealing with key areas such as physical supply chain innovation. Specifically, his research can identify seven areas of key solutions:
1. LAST MILE LOGISTICS: INCLUDES THE VISIBILITY WITHIN THE STORE, THE AVAILABILITY OF PRODUCT RANGE AND INTERACTION WITH THE BUYER.
2. COLLABORATIVE LOGISTICS: BASED ON SHARING TRANSPORT, INFRASTRUCTURE AND WAREHOUSE, GIVING RESPONSE ORGANIZATIONAL AND ALSO SAVING.
3. REVERSE LOGISTICS: PRODUCT RECYCLING, PACKAGING AND DEVELOPMENT OF ASSETS RETURNABLE.
4. MANAGEMENT fluctuating demand: PLANNING, IMPLEMENTATION AND MONITORING.
5. IDENTIFICATION AND LABELING ADAPTED TO THE SUPPLY CHAIN GLOBALITY CURRENT.
6. EFFICIENCY OF ASSETS: ALTERNATIVE FORMS SEARCH ENERGY, EFFICIENT VEHICLES, SWITCHING MODES AND EVEN GREEN BUILDINGS.
7. INTEGRAL BUSINESS PLANNING, BASED ON DASHBOARDS TO FACILITATE INTERACTION WITH REAL-TIME DATA.